Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The things I am thankful for....

So I was going to try to post this on Thanksgiving, but we woke up late and had to get out to door, stop by the store, and then head up to Denton to spend the holiday with my parents and brother.

This post also took some thought and reflection about the things I am thankful for, and to be sure I didn't leave anything out, I had to think for a while....

Here we go...

I am thankful most of all for God.
I have been in really really rough spots, really really good spots, ups and downs, twists and turns, and without God, I really do not think I could have made it through all that I have.

I am thankful for the life that was given to me almost 28 years ago.
It's been very interesting, fun, happy, sad, boring, and all those other things that life puts you through, and while there are some things I could have done differently, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I am thankful for my parents.
We may not always get along, may not always see eye to eye, but I am thankful that I have the parents I do.

I am thankful for my brother.
He's smart, funny and just a generally cool guy!
We may not always get along, but I am so happy and proud to call Scott my brother! He has been through so much in his life as well, and I am so glad I have gotten to spend the last (almost) 25 years watching him grow and mature into the man he is today.

I am thankful for my job as well.
Sometimes I get frustrated with it, but in this economy, I am so thankful to have a job that I like and have fun at...(Even if I am a wuss for not doing inbound-I like oubound so much better!)
I am also thankful for that weekly paycheck.
Money may be tight, and will be for a long time, but only having to wait a week between paydays is a definite plus.
I am also thankful that I found this job right after I'd come back from Georgia trying to drive truck again and not being able to.
I was unemployed for three weeks before going and trying to drive again, and then finding out I wasn't going to be able to.
I could have been a lot worse off, and still been unemployed, but the day after I got home, they called me to come in for an interview, and I started the next Monday!

I am thankful for my car.
I worked my tail off to get it, and I work my tail off to keep it.
I should go clean it out, and have been meaning to do so, but sometimes I just run out of energy to do it...

I am thankful for the roof over my head.
There may be cracks in the walls from where the ground settles, but I work my tail off to pay the rent every month, and I am thankful that even though money has been extremely tight, I am able to pay that rent every month and have a place of my own to come home to.
I have been here a year and a half now, and I do not want to move unless I absolutely have to. I'm close to pretty much everything, and it's nice and quiet here too. (Unless the police or fire department are running sirens on 121)

I am thankful for Wyatt too.
It's a long story on how we got together, but I am thankful I have been able to spend time with him, getting to know him, sharing my life with him.
We've had our ups and downs as well, but I am thankful that we've been through it together.
I can only hope and pray that we can keep getting better every day.
I love him so much!

I am thankful for my extended family as well.
I love my Lola and Deacon, and I wish I got to see them more!
Love Aunt Karen and Uncle Rich too! They are awesome, and Mikey is pretty cool too! I thank them for letting me watch Mikey while they are out of town, and letting me do laundry at their place.
Love Aunt Gay too! I haven't seen her in a while, but whenever I do see her, she's fun to talk with. Aunt Gay's beautiful car, beautiful house, and beautiful kitty are where it's at!
Love Aunt Lynne and Uncle Russell too! I don't get to see them much either, but it's always good when I do!

I love my five cousins as well.
I do feel kinda old, now that the youngest ones are 21...Gosh, I remember holding them when they were TINY babies!
Bhoov and Hill are totally cool too! Wish I could see them more as well!
Jessica is the best mommy I know, and my schweet older cousin...LOL!
Her beautiful children and wonderful husband are awesome too...Hmm...I need Lola and Deacon hugs now!!

I am thankful for my work friends as well.
They break up the monotony of a work day, and they keep me laughing, and in turn, I keep them laughing.

I am also thankful for Ray and Sue.
They are my surrogate grandparents, and while I haven't seen Sue in a long time, I did get to see Ray a month ago, and it was GREAT!
I want to go see them sometime soon...Just need the money to do it! They have Tim Horton's coffee for me!! WOOHOO!!

All in all, I am thankful for just about everything, I guess....
I am thankful I get to share my life with the people I love, no matter how far apart we are. I am thankful for my sense of humor, and thankful that I have the gift of making people laugh.


I think that's it....for now anyway...

No comments: